Beautiful Jewellery Created From Ocean Plastic Pollution.
House of Halos Sustainable Philanthropic Jewellery House.
Committed to keeping our oceans clean.
House of Halos conducts regular beach clean ups of North East Scotland coastlines disposing of vast amounts of washed ashore ocean plastic pollution. Everything from fishermen ghost netting, cigarette lighters, straws, plastic bottles, ear-plugs, burst balloons, plastic cutlery, shoes but within the ocean plastic pollution we source our “secret jewels”…… plastic bottle tops. By hand process we commence a vigorous cleaning and re-melting process making every single recycled ocean plastic bead truly one of a kind. Wear House of Halos jewellery with pride knowing you are part of a sustainable movement working towards ocean plastic solutions and not its pollution. Together we can make a difference, each time you visit your local beach pledge to yourself to pick up and place in a bin just 3 pieces of ocean plastic pollution.
House of Halos combines the finest 925 sterling silver jewellery findings to compliment our recycled ocean plastic pollution beads. We passionately believe jewellery should be designed and created to last. Our sustainable philanthropy jewellery collections are solely for the preservation of the planet for future generations to inherit so we very proudly design and create jewellery collections which are simple yet striking but with a prolific purpose and story behind each collection.
Arlene Barclay (Founder/Designer – House of Halos)
- Arlene’s creative career spans 29 years achieving many accolades including:-
- USA Entertainment Tonight Host Carly J Steel wore custom designed Crown featured at The Met Gala 2017.
- Singer/Songwriter Elle King performed 2016 BAFTAS Red Carpet Opening Ceremony wore custom designed Jewellery.
- Custom designed Headpiece and Jewellery featured on 2015 & 2016 BAFTA Red Carpet.
- Awarded ACP’s “Independent Headdress Designer of the Year” 2016. Designs exhibited for 2 years within ACP Art Gallery, England.
- 1 of 34 Milliners globally shortlisted to exhibit at “London Hat Week” 2015.
- Headdress collection featured at 2015 Pre Oscar A List Fashion Show, Hollywood, LA.
- Shortlisted in a UK competition curated by “Ideas Britain”. Pitched to London judging panel, (including Creative Director “Dave Stewart” formerly of Eurythmics), placed overall 3rd.
- Nominated by the prestigious Scottish Fashion Awards “Accessories Designer of the Year” 2013.
- Children’s fantasy novel “Land of Dragor” wrote “House of Halos into the book series.
- Designs published in numerous International magazines and music videos, (including Vogue.com and Look Magazines).
- Headpiece sourced by make up brand “Kryolan” for their Annual Dubai Conference 2014.
- Jewellery sourced by make up brand “Kryolan” for their world project tour.
- Headpiece sourced by make up brand “Naked Cosmetics” for their Global Convention 2014.
- Designs features on UK National TV programmes including; X Factor, Made in Chelsea, TOWIE and Hollyoaks.
- Designs worn by celebrities;
- Emeli Sande, (Singer/Songwriter)
- Carly J Steel (USA Entertainment Tonight Host)
- Perrie Edwards, (Little Mix)
- Elle King, (Singer/Songwriter)
- Dawn Robinson, (En Vogue)
- Anna Passey, (Hollyoaks Actress)
- Fern McCann (TOWIE)
- Lydia Bright (TOWIE)
- Array of other celebrities
- Headdresses stocked at prestigious A-List celebrity fashion studio; “For The Stars Fashion House”, Hollywood.
- Approached to collaborate with headpieces for London and Milan Fashion Weeks.
- Headlined with Designer Kevin Freeman for “Children’s International” fashion runway charity event.
- 13 years annually exhibited at North East of Scotland Bridal Shows and Catwalks. Bridal designs published in all major Scottish Bridal editorials.
Click Here to see a sample of some of Arlene’s amazing headpieces.