Creating luxury jewellery from ocean plastic pollution
House of Halos vision is to become a global philanthropic luxury jewellery house and our value is simple….. #POP – Protect Our Planet!
House of Halos regularly beach cleans sections of Aberdeen Beach, North East of Scotland, UK collecting and disposing of vast amounts of washed ashore ocean plastic pollution. Everything from fishermen’s nets, cigarette lighters, straws, plastic bottles, ear-plugs, burst balloons, plastic cutlery, shoes but within this disgusting array of human error we source our “secret jewels”…… plastic bottle tops. All by hand, we then lovingly commence a vigorous cleaning and re-melting process making every single recycled ocean plastic bead truly one of a kind. Wear House of Halos jewellery with pride knowing you are part of a sustainable global movement working towards solutions. Together we can make a difference, each time you visit your local beach pledge to yourself to pick up and place in a bin just 3 pieces of ocean plastic pollution.
For the silver components of our jewellery House of Halos source nothing other than the worlds finest 925 sterling silver jewellery findings from many countries throughout the world. Many samples received did not measure up to our high standards with only the exceptional being used in our manufacturing and production processes. We strongly believe jewellery should be designed and created to last. Our philanthropy jewellery vision and passion are solely in relation to the “preservation of the planet for future generations to inherit” so we very proudly design and create jewellery collections which are simple yet striking but with prolific purpose behind each collection.
Arlene Barclay (Founder/Designer – House of Halos)
- Arlene’s career and expertise spans a 29 year accolade period
- USA Entertainment Host Carly J Steel wore custom designed Headpiece featured on Met Gala Blue Carpet 2017.
- Singer/Songwriter Elle King performed 2016 BAFTAS Red Carpet Opening Ceremony in custom designed Jewellery.
- Custom designed Headpiece and jewellery featured on BAFTA Red Carpet 2015 & 2016.
- Awarded as ACP’s “Independent Headdress Designer of the Year” 2016. Designs exhibited for 2 years period within an ACP Art Gallery, England.
- 1 of 34 Milliners globally shortlisted to exhibit at “London Hat Week” 2015.
- Headdress collection featured at a 2015 Pre Oscar A List Fashion Show, Hollywood, LA.
- Shortlisted by thousands of entrants in a UK competition curated by “Ideas Britain”. Pitched to London judging panel, (including Creative Director “Dave Stewart” formerly of Eurythmics), coming overall 3rd.
- Nominated by the prestigious Scottish Fashion Awards “Accessories Designer of the Year” 2013.
- Children’s fantasy novel “Land of Dragor” wrote “House of Halos into the book series.
- Designs published in numerous International magazines and music videos, (including Vogue.com and Look Magazines).
- Headpiece sourced by make up brand “Kryolan” for their Annual Dubai Conference 2014.
- Jewellery sourced by make up brand “Kryolan” for their world project tour.
- Headpiece sourced by make up brand “Naked Cosmetics” for their Global Convention 2014.
- Designs features on UK National TV programmes including; X Factor, Made in Chelsea, TOWIE and Hollyoaks.
- Designs worn by celebrities;
- Emeli Sande, (Singer/Songwriter)
- Carly J Steel (USA Entertainment Tonight Host)
- Perrie Edwards, (Little Mix)
- Elle King, (Singer/Songwriter)
- Dawn Robinson, (En Vogue)
- Anna Passey, (Hollyoaks Actress)
- Fern McCann (TOWIE)
- Lydia Bright (TOWIE)
- Array of other celebrities
- Headdresses stocked at prestigious A-List celebrity fashion studio; “For The Stars Fashion House”, Hollywood.
- Approached to collaborate with headpieces for London and Milan Fashion Weeks.
- Headlined with Designer Kevin Freeman for “Children’s International” fashion runway charity event.
- 13 years annually exhibited at North East of Scotland Bridal Shows and Catwalks. Bridal designs published in all major Scottish Bridal editorials.
Click Here to see a sample of some of Arlene’s amazing headpieces.